I'm fascinated by this game immense potential...

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

I'm fascinated by this game immense potential...

Postby AlexDeadlySins » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:59 pm

I remember downloading a trial when Xenominer was recently released and thinking "this game could be worth checking out in the future". I bought the game a few days ago thanks to Swarm being on the newest releases on Xbox live indie games which helped me remember Xenominer. And so I jumped right in, immediately noticing a lot has change from what I had remembered while getting a feel of the game and its mechanics. I was hooked. I've been playing it frequently and right now I'm just building a huge station/bunker where I can put all the stuff I have all over the place thanks to me constantly changing on what and where to build.

I felt I had to make an account here to show at least a little bit more support from me in anyway I possibly can, because I just can't help but imagine what amazing things could be done to this game that would just blow everyone minds away. Here's some things I've found while playing that I just want it to report on and some suggestions from my part.

Bugs and glitches.

1. While using the gravity boots there have been times (twice to be exact) when I fall and all of a sudden my character switches completely from having his P.I.C.K. or weapon on the right side to the left like if mirrored. This makes everything bug out, the camera, jumping, using equipment all gets out of control. Sorry I don't have a picture, it hasn't happen again.

2. The P.I.C.K. seems to run out of energy while still having some. It has happen to me while having full energy near my relays.

3. The durability shows incorrectly. This seems to happen to me a lot. Sometimes I may have a new or just repaired item on, but the bar would be red as if it was completely destroyed. Likewise, if I have a broken item on, it would show with a full green bar. This is really annoying as I have to go check the item itself in order to figure out if it stills has some durability in it.

Suggestions.

1. In Swarm you can actually walk/step on blocks higher than the one your standing on, like some sort of stair. Xenominer would benefit incredibly from this.

2. The heartbeat sound should play when you have lower than orange health. It really gets annoying having to use meds just to make the sound go away just because you fell or got hit once from a venator. It's worst when you still have green health.

I guess this is for now, I hope this helps a bit. Anyway if someone want to play my gamertag is "SlashBaby", make sure if you add me to include a message stating so or else I would probably won't add. I wish the best of luck to Gristmill and everyone involved with Xenominer. Keep up the good job guys, I've already started recommending the game and will continue to do so.
AlexDeadlySins

Re: I'm fascinated by this game immense potential...

Postby Conmaan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:28 pm

AlexDeadlySins wrote:Suggestions.

1. In Swarm you can actually walk/step on blocks higher than the one your standing on, like some sort of stair. Xenominer would benefit incredibly from this.

2. The heartbeat sound should play when you have lower than orange health. It really gets annoying having to use meds just to make the sound go away just because you fell or got hit once from a venator. It's worst when you still have green health.

I guess this is for now, I hope this helps a bit. Anyway if someone want to play my gamertag is "SlashBaby", make sure if you add me to include a message stating so or else I would probably won't add. I wish the best of luck to Gristmill and everyone involved with Xenominer. Keep up the good job guys, I've already started recommending the game and will continue to do so.

As for #1, I would like for it to be toggle-able, like CastleMinerZ.
Conmaan

Postby BushKillFalls » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:20 pm

AlexDeadlySins wrote:1. In Swarm you can actually walk/step on blocks higher than the one your standing on, like some sort of stair. Xenominer would benefit incredibly from this.

In Testing: ;)
Downgate had that feature in a Test we did when it was a first run of the feature and it was really choppy so it had to be pulled out before that update. They obviously perfected it for Swarm and we haven't seen or know if Xenominer can handle the feature...

Downgate and Swarm use the Same Game Engine to operate but Xenominer uses an older version of the engine...
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby BriarFae » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:56 pm

BushKillFalls wrote:
AlexDeadlySins wrote:1. In Swarm you can actually walk/step on blocks higher than the one your standing on, like some sort of stair. Xenominer would benefit incredibly from this.

In Testing: ;)
Downgate had that feature in a Test we did when it was a first run of the feature and it was really choppy so it had to be pulled out before that update. They obviously perfected it for Swarm and we haven't seen or know if Xenominer can handle the feature...

Downgate and Swarm use the Same Game Engine to operate but Xenominer uses an older version of the engine...

Is that what the bots in DownGate use to climb? They are very choppy when they walk up slopes, impossible to snipe. :evil:
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Postby brian » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:02 pm

no - that's probably someone with lag :)
brian

Postby BriarFae » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:07 pm

brian wrote:no - that's probably someone with lag :)

I meant the npc drones, particularly in solo survival.
When I am sniping from the solo spawn building,
And the bot/npc drones are climbing the hill to get to me...

They bob in and out of view, jerking as if slightly laggy.
But I'm not online...
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Return to XenoMiner Talk