interesting locations...

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

interesting locations...

Postby treos » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:36 pm

i was just exploring (going in one direction away from my base while looking around) and found a couple interesting areas next to each other. shame i can't take screenshots on the 360 but... 1 area is like a wide spike pointing down into the ground with red crystals speckled across the sides of said spike and ice covering the majority of a valley below/around the tip with caves beneath that and then just a bit (north i guess?) off from there is a massive floating island completely detached from the ground.

i think i'm going to move my base to the floating island (carefully as i think i saw some of that nice radioactive endurium stuck to one side of it >.>) once i build a bridge up to its surface and hollow it out then explore the giant spike valley. good thing i left a trail of hard to avoid seeing lights (is it just me or is it hard to tolerate those magenta crystals/lights? too much of either in one place hurts my eyes if i stick around too long or don't clear them away. yellow is fine though and to a lesser degree cyan.)

edit: oh WOW, theres at least 3 floating islands over here lol i can make a giant floating fortress with enough materials collected here ^.^ AWESOME
treos

Re: interesting locations...

Postby Gristmill » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:38 pm

sounds like a really badass location :)
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby still crosshair » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:41 pm

treos wrote:i think i'm going to move my base to the floating island (carefully as i think i saw some of that nice radioactive endurium stuck to one side of it >.>)

Well the endurium has anti gravity properties that made the islands float in the first place. It is also so far used in all the gravity manipulating items and blocks.That means an easy source for the low grade endurium is the floating islands. High grade however is deep under ground.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby pickaxe of tungsten » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:20 pm

ahh the mystical desert sky island overlords
-Seed: 48923
-Moon: Tungstantinople
-Never Stop Xenomining
pickaxe of tungsten

Postby treos » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:26 am

pickaxe of tungsten wrote:ahh the mystical desert sky island overlords

and the odd, giant spike sticking out of the ground nearby o.O i'm gonna have to make one huge stairway to get up to these islands. after that, maybe setting up a new base won't be too hard what with the easy resources both inside and below the islands. its an odd region to be sure and...wait a sec...i CAN give a screenshot in a way. lemme turn this laptop around and line up the webcam for a snapshot (or a few). well...once i get back out to that region. need to gather some mats for the staircase along the way >.> the stairs will likely be around the 1-200 block high range.

edit: first off, please forgive the quality as i use a laptop so low quality is kinda a given with the webcam. >.> that said, i hope you guys appreciate my near death due to rad poisoning to get these pics >.< nasty rads, they make everything all wavy looking and wierd.

http://imgur.com/aFeK5DE,MVLTZfh,5odFxK ... Jf,vAHntj7

ok, so 1st pic was taken during night time and i didn't really have the laptop steady yet but well, its a floating island...er, colorful blur lol

pic #2 (whoops, part of my face got caught in the pic there ^.^;) is the giant land spike which has a tiny (relatively speaking mind you) tip connecting it to the icy valley below (probably caves down there too).

pics 3, 4, and 5 in that order are the floating islands...why do i keep saying islands? i mean, look at them, they're floating mountains for crying out loud. anyway, in that order 3 = left, 4 = right, 5 = middle in a triangle o.O wonder what the odds of such a formation of such sweet locations are. the red and blue glow in all pics are crystals, the green is largely endurium (i verified it with my helmets zoom feature O.O crazy...).

all of these floating mountains have great wide craters beneath them with a thick layer of ice (LOTS of free oxygen thats easily harvested) and very likely, caves beneath that layer and around the edges of said craters with TONS of surface resources to be found and thats not counting the bounty inside/on/above the islands themselves. now is this ever a sweet location for a base or what?

edit2: oh yeah, is there a way to change the spawn point location in xenominer? i ask because its kinda annoying to make the 30+ minute long trek all the way out here from the initial spawn point WAY back over next to the xeno tower.

edit3: i don't know if it'll give the exact same map but this world's seed is 666666 (name is Luna). i think this location is several thousand meters north, slightly by northwest of the crash site... got it, you have to go by the sun's movement (seems fairly obvious now that i think of it) so this place is west, slightly by southwest by the sun's path.
treos

Postby still crosshair » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:11 am

Sadly right now there is no way to change the spawn point.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby treos » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:27 pm

well then, i'll just have to be careful not to die or else i'll have to make a 30+ minute trip back out to these islands.

edit: so much titanium and low endurium in that first island...got lost for an hour or 2 in the caves in and around the crater below too looking for friggin diamonds to build the tier 3 processors.

edit2: gristmill, if you thought the location alone was badass then my design from here on (i finally reached 401 processing power which is helping immensely ^.^) will REALLY impress you. on each island, i'm going to construct similar, if not exact, forts of heat glazed tiles with clear glass windows here and there to tower high above the landscape. towering thin (1 block thick) glass columns to dot the land around the islands in this region with a red tier storage relay on top allowing free access to storage anywhere in the entire region (an entire room of red tier storage devices in each fort or however many is possible till my storage space eventually caps if it does that). and bridges spanning from island to island. the bridges (which might i add are quite tricky to make at an altitude of several hundred blocks in the sky lol) are going to be 2 block wide Heat Glazed Tile floor with Finished Granite walls 3 blocks high and clear glass along the middle of the cieling above the heat glazed tiles all resulting in quite an impressive sight from the outside and a nice shiny interior.

Dark fortresses atop great floating desert islands connected via beautiful bright granite bridges with glass columns reaching for the heavens dotting the landscape below... add to that image the gorgeous night sky of this game... wow, just wow

wow, lol this will completely blow away ANY projects i've attempted in minecraft OR terraria to date and its all thanks to you making this game gristmill. :D

oh and you probably don't even want to imagine the vast amounts of silicon, regolith (sand...tch, ANY type of regolith i can find), granite and other materials i'm burning away on all ths work.
treos

Postby Timpraetor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Hey Treos - what was your seed value?
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby treos » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:56 pm

for this world it was 666666

as for the location of this region of floating islands... west by southwest slightly from the initial spawn point iirc. i haven't let myself get killed since i set up my 2nd base way out here and its a good 30 minute or so long trip out to this region from the spawn point (while using thrusters to skip across all the valleys and mountains even during the day) so i'd advise leaving a trail of lights to mark the path lest you get lost. i left a trail of those annoying magenta lights myself so theres no way i could miss the trail (darn magenta and purple crystals are a bit hard on my eyes o.O) even from a good distance in the sky.
treos

Postby BriarFae » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Bridges can be hard.
It just occurred to me, you can use the Grav Boots to build the bridge like a tower. (stand on the end and build 'under' your feet)
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Return to XenoMiner Talk