Favorite Build Tricks

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Favorite Build Tricks

Postby Timpraetor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi Folks,

Let's start a thread dealing with build tricks - things like Air system layouts, using Xeno Grav pads for elevators like in the Xeno tower, using GravPads for transport across chasms, or anything else you might think of.

One of my new favorites involves the new GravPanel block. By placing a GravPanel at the top of a long drop tube that would normally result in your miner being damaged when they hit the bottom, your miner can drop down the shaft without worrying about crash damage. This is because while your miner is in the grav field of the GravPanel (being pushed down), the distance is not considered part of your "fall" distance. Therefore, you can make a down elevator that will allow you to fall the field distance of the GravPanel (I'll not spoil it and let you experiment), plus the normal fall distance that is non-damaging.

Share your favorites.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Re: Favorite Build Tricks

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Some of the DownGate maps take advantage of that very feature...

My Favorite is the Push Tunnel using the Grav Panels. You can dig a Tunnel 2 Blocks High and 1 Block Over at Head Height like a Number 7 or Backwards 7 and Place a Grav Panel every 10-14 Blocks in that block space dug to the side at Head Height. Make sure to Place a Dead Block on one side of all the Grav Panels leaving the side facing the 2 Block tunnel that you can stand in Empty and the side of the Grav Panel in which direction you want to travel empty as well and the Panels will push you along the tunnel faster than you can walk or fly.

Will try to get a Picture posted to better visualize it..
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Return to XenoMiner Talk