Version 2.6 and Desura

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Version 2.6 and Desura

Postby Durandall » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Obvious question, but how might I obtain the latest version of Xenominer now that Desura has gone bankrupt?
Durandall

Re: Version 2.6 and Desura

Postby pysiu » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:03 am

Well, the game was not even updated on Desura to the most recent version for a few months despite being updated on BMT.

I'd like to know the answer too though...
pysiu

Postby still crosshair » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Durandall wrote:Obvious question, but how might I obtain the latest version of Xenominer now that Desura has gone bankrupt?

Yea I just heard about desura going bankrupt, sad thing to hear. The only solution I see now would be to grab the game on BMT or the way the developers sold the game before desura. I know they updated it to 2.6 about 2 months ago. But unless the devs give out coupons you will have to rebuy the game which really sucks.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby VoxelJunkie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:08 am

still crosshair wrote:
Durandall wrote:Obvious question, but how might I obtain the latest version of Xenominer now that Desura has gone bankrupt?

Yea I just heard about desura going bankrupt, sad thing to hear. The only solution I see now would be to grab the game on BMT or the way the developers sold the game before desura. I know they updated it to 2.6 about 2 months ago. But unless the devs give out coupons you will have to rebuy the game which really sucks.

This is sad news for myself and others. I purchased my comp version from Desura. I have been away from the comp version because of playing on xbox and Xenominer swarm on xbox. I had been hoping for swarm on comp and decided to play some of the comp version of xenominer and revisit my base and do some more building since the compressor update only to find no way to update. :( My hope is that Gristmill will find a way to either patch or give us a coupon for a download so that we won't have to pay twice for the game we already paid for. By the way. The tip you gave me about the compressor some time back worked. I don't know why that glitch with it happened and it hasn't repeated since.

Just a quick update: It seems the news of the end of Desura is false. Now lets just hope that the latest update gets to them soon. Thanks for a great game Gristmill.
VoxelJunkie

Postby Dexstroni » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:32 pm

I couldn't get the pc version through desura I ended up buying the game from gamersgate, 5 bucks is alright but it would of been nice to get version 2.6. I enjoy playing xenominer as i'm a sci fi nut. I'm happy that I can play again! I use to play on xbox a few years back. I figured grist would of tied in a update button or something
Dexstroni

Return to XenoMiner Talk