Buying BMT version down?

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Buying BMT version down?

Postby still crosshair » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:52 am

Saw a post on the xenominer facebook and I decided to check out the home site. Clicked on Buy PC and it no longer gives the ability to go through BMT and buy 2.6 version. Perhaps this is the final nail in the coffin. From what I see you can still buy the game through Desura. However we all know the devs wanted to move everyone over to BMT rather then deal with desura. Just figured I would get some others thoughts on this.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
still crosshair
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:17 pm
Location: Hanging on the mountain

Re: Buying BMT version down?

Postby WulfTheWulf » Mon May 09, 2016 4:27 am

It seems like it.

I just got the inkling to check the forum today and read the most recent announcements.. all I can think is that Gristmill is, for the time being, dead. It's kind of sad to think that this is as far as the studio could go. I've seen revivals before, but I don't recall one ever being successful. Still, I have hope.

The forum is pretty much dead without Grist keeping us informed, I kept forgetting to check after things went silent.
I call myself an Indie Dev but I've never made a game.
(Got rid of my Sig image)
WulfTheWulf
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 am
Location: My head

Re: Buying BMT version down?

Postby still crosshair » Sat May 14, 2016 2:43 pm

WulfTheWulf wrote:It seems like it.

I just got the inkling to check the forum today and read the most recent announcements.. all I can think is that Gristmill is, for the time being, dead. It's kind of sad to think that this is as far as the studio could go. I've seen revivals before, but I don't recall one ever being successful. Still, I have hope.

The forum is pretty much dead without Grist keeping us informed, I kept forgetting to check after things went silent.


Yea WulfTheWulf it has been very dead, basically extinct one could say going by the large drop off of basically all or most users. Last I remember was the whole talk of porting and then the game actually getting greenlit. Perhaps they are simply waiting till its ported over to say anything. I mean the possibilities are endless. Hey maybe the game was pulled down because they said it was being ported. The excuses or possibility truly are endless. Sorry to ramble, its just conversations here are not as common now. Thanks for reading :)
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
still crosshair
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:17 pm
Location: Hanging on the mountain

Re: Buying BMT version down?

Postby WulfTheWulf » Sun May 15, 2016 4:53 am

still crosshair wrote:Yea WulfTheWulf it has been very dead, basically extinct one could say going by the large drop off of basically all or most users. Last I remember was the whole talk of porting and then the game actually getting greenlit. Perhaps they are simply waiting till its ported over to say anything. I mean the possibilities are endless. Hey maybe the game was pulled down because they said it was being ported. The excuses or possibility truly are endless. Sorry to ramble, its just conversations here are not as common now. Thanks for reading :)


If it turns out that Grist is dead I might start a reboot project on a free engine. It would probably be a game with very similar or identical features and a very similar name. But hopefully (and still possibly!) Grist is just keeping quiet or restructuring or someone still plans on doing something but can't yet. For now though, we (apparently the last people actively thinking about the game :cry: ) are left to speculate.
I call myself an Indie Dev but I've never made a game.
(Got rid of my Sig image)
WulfTheWulf
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 am
Location: My head

Re: Buying BMT version down?

Postby still crosshair » Sun May 15, 2016 5:13 pm

WulfTheWulf wrote:
still crosshair wrote:Yea WulfTheWulf it has been very dead, basically extinct one could say going by the large drop off of basically all or most users. Last I remember was the whole talk of porting and then the game actually getting greenlit. Perhaps they are simply waiting till its ported over to say anything. I mean the possibilities are endless. Hey maybe the game was pulled down because they said it was being ported. The excuses or possibility truly are endless. Sorry to ramble, its just conversations here are not as common now. Thanks for reading :)


If it turns out that Grist is dead I might start a reboot project on a free engine. It would probably be a game with very similar or identical features and a very similar name. But hopefully (and still possibly!) Grist is just keeping quiet or restructuring or someone still plans on doing something but can't yet. For now though, we (apparently the last people actively thinking about the game :cry: ) are left to speculate.


Man that reboot game concept sounds cool, even if the game is not as dead as it seems. That coming from someone who enjoyed and liked to change and tinker with xenominer. I will just assume (despite knowing what that makes me) that they would not waste the opportunity that steam has given them.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
still crosshair
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:17 pm
Location: Hanging on the mountain


Return to XenoMiner Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron