Plant Life

Talk about things you'd like to see in the game

Plant Life

Postby TheExplodingPig » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:17 am

XenoMiner on the 360 recently received the ability to make your base breath-able, and I think i speak on behalf of the players on 360 when I say "we love it"

I think with plant life in the game we would be-able to make health packs, using them for food, and even use some plants for oxygen. To use these plants, players would FIRST have to make an area that has an oxygen vent nearby. Then to convert plants into med- packs, players would have to boil water (ice) to get the juices from the plant...

These plants (trees could be of use) could increase the amount of oxygen flowing into the base.

Which brings me to another idea (it's a small idea thats why it's in this topic and not in another topic). Some people (like me) only use one oxygen condenser for a large base. Which realistic wouldn't be possible. So a level of oxygen flow should be put into the game, the more oxygen condensers, the more oxygen.

-TheExplodingPig
TheExplodingPig

Re: Plant Life

Postby QWERQY » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:01 pm

It be great to see plant life, and the things you've listed, and I'm not saying (and I hope you're not) that we want wood and trees but like the ice trees were it was an original cool idea, and coming up with great alein plants could be great, and I'm sure if you couldn't come up with them the community would do your job, not saying you couldn't.

And the plants would add a lot of amazing things to the game.
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:01 am

Funny enough there is some texture called Coral Trunk. No clue if its a plant or simply a block. Here is the texture and normal

Spoiler: show
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby QWERQY » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:40 pm

HMMMMMM *activates thinking face*
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby TheExplodingPig » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:54 am

I don't care what kind of plants they add. Just as long as they can be useful. Eg. If they add trees (god help us), then maybe they could add some sort of heat bar to the gui. If they add flowers that you could grow then use them to make a potion of some kind.

But of course the one thing, (or two) we all want to see is spaceships and other places to go. (also ships would help with travelling).

I also think Gristmill could get a lot of inspiration from Space Engineers.
TheExplodingPig

Return to Feature Requests