paraterraforming

Talk about things you'd like to see in the game

paraterraforming

Postby QWERQY » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Also known as the "worldhouse" concept, or domes in smaller versions, paraterraforming involves the construction of a habitable enclosure on a planet which eventually grows to encompass most of the planet's usable area. This concept could be used to make a nice warm breathable environment on xenos.

I'm thinking maybe there could be special material to make the dome out of, there could also be certain crashed ships containing seeds. Bacteria and liquid water.

If the natural ice found on xenos was placed inside the liveable area it would melt into water. Because the living area would be warm enough.

I just like the Idea, there's a million reasons why this couldn't work. But I just thought I'd ask for it
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Re: paraterraforming

Postby still crosshair » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Could be interesting for small areas, I do see it becoming much harder to do in larger areas. What about being able to combine regolith with ice to get some form of non dehydrated dirt. Then have in range of an air vent to keep it in that state. Otherwise when placed you get regolith instead. I thought about it also needing some kind of new heater block, I think simpler might be better so we can have more in the game.This could become a foundation for something like simple life to complex plants.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Re: paraterraforming

Postby QWERQY » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:33 pm

still crosshair wrote:Could be interesting for small areas, I do see it becoming much harder to do in larger areas. What about being able to combine regolith with ice to get some form of non dehydrated dirt. Then have in range of an air vent to keep it in that state. Otherwise when placed you get regolith instead. I thought about it also needing some kind of new heater :block, I think simpler might be better so we can have more in the game.This could become a foundation for something like simple life to complex plants.

Very good points. My idea isnt that refined so any criticism is welcomed. I realize it would have to be in a small area and the regolith and ice idea seems good, and I was thinking that over time plants might grow. First just bacteria and stuff.

Me and nemo285 are working on a system for heating that were gonna show in a while. Needs more work.

It would also give oxygen much more usefulness
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Return to Feature Requests