a few question

Discussions related directly to Downgate

a few question

Postby JohnnyBlood » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:01 pm

is this game designed to be like a firefight in space? or like a campaign? Will it be action based? will there be horror elements?
will it be more like halo or like dead space?
Leroy T. Pumpkin
JohnnyBlood

Re: a few question

Postby HighBiasReactor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:11 am

Not sure what to make of it either. I'm wondering if, or how, the building aspect will come into play.
HighBiasReactor

Postby Gristmill » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 am

A firefight in space (and on Xenos surface).

Unfortunately no campaign (though that would be a fun future game to make). This one will probably be multiplayer deathmatch only - we're tossing around the idea of co-op team versus AI enemies (venators, other exodrones, etc) but we doubt we'll have time to get them in. That, too, is probably better as it's own game with a heavier story/campaign focus. We'll see.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Adventure Maps??

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:49 am

Darn no campaign :(

@Gristmill: In another post you said that there would be "constructable terrain", and seeing as how DownGate won't have a campaign I was thinking of the next best thing [maybe even better], would we be able to create our own Adventure Map? Say something like: Get from Point A to Point B and here's some made up story behind it. I think it would be a really cool and fun thing to implement into DownGate as I would love to see what the brilliant minds on these forums can come up with and I would love to make few maps myself 8-) . I think it would be a great way for everyone to have their perfect campaign as well as the ability to show it off. Now I'm no Game Dev but I wouldn't think it would be too hard, maybe even putting it in an update for DownGate later on, Just make it so a person can set the spawn point, have finite terrain (say a few hundred blocks in each direction), give them the ability to spawn and place blocks. (Maybe make them choose which ones are able to be dug up/placed). Just my thoughts on the whole subject.
Entertainment Center Completion:

X-Box: Completed
PS2: Completed
X-Box360: Completed
VHS player: Completed
PS3: Completed
X-Box One: Completed
Gamecube: Completed
Nintendo 64: Completed
PS4: Not Complete
[Other]: 20% Complete

82% Complete
Lone Wolf

Postby Gristmill » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:08 pm

That would be cool. Likely more an option on the PC. We'll have to see how the base game does before we make any decisions about how much farther we'll want to take Downgate, but that's a great idea.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Return to Downgate Talk