Campaign not saving or loading correctly

Report and find information on bugs in Xenominer Swarm

Campaign not saving or loading correctly

Postby nofreebe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:05 am

Campaign not Saving or Loading correctly??? All Unlocks, Worlds, G monies, Inventory Items...all GONE. This happened more than once and it is not fun when you could and will lose everything on the wimp of the system. :shock:
XBOX360GT: nofreebe
nofreebe

Re: Campaign not saving or loading correctly

Postby Gristmill » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:11 am

Sounds more like you are switching what profiles you are playing on? Saves are profile specific, if someone logs you out and logs in a different profile, you're not going to see your saves, you'll see theirs (which may be nothing if they've never played).
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby BushKillFalls » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Also I don't know if you use a Flash Drive but I saved there once by accident on another game and did the same thing to me :oops:
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby nofreebe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Only play this on 1 profile on 1 Xbox and no external drive, also I encounter this problem in both co-op and single game play.
XBOX360GT: nofreebe
nofreebe

Postby janx » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:32 am

How are you exiting the game or turning off the xbox (what screen are you on when you power off)?

I had a problem with it not saving a claim I bought, when I had exited the mission (returning to the Missions screen) and then powering off.

Apparently, the point that the game actually saves is a bit of a mystery. So it may be possible to power-off or exit the game before it actually saves. I suspect if you return to the game's "Start" screen, that all the data has been saved at that point. But if you are on the Missions screen, having just exited a mission, don't count on it.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby brian » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:03 pm

The XNA framework has a 2 step save process which is basically saving, then saving to disk. Seems silly, but the second save takes a long time, because the xbox was built for graphic speed, not disk access.

In the 1.0 release, the second step only happened when you left the game through the main menu. We have an update in the pipes that saves to disk at the main menu. If you have a memory stick in, you'll be prompted to choose either the memory stick or hard drive when this happens.

In the 1.0 release, the best way to make sure you save everything is to quit out of the game at the main menu.
In the 1.1 update, make sure you at least get back to the main menu - so quit out of the campaign mission selection screen.

We will keep looking for ways to force the save to disk without interrupting the game play.
brian

Return to Bug Reports